Parents, Carers and other adults from the community who are interested in helping in school, and have the necessary free time, should speak to the School Office to arrange an appointment with the Headteacher or use the contact form below.
People can help in many different ways, including:
- Sharing skills and interests e.g. talking about their job, helping with activities in their area of expertise
- Listening to children read and helping them with their work in the classroom - there are additional requirements for such volunteers: see below
- Helping supervise breaks and lunchtimes
- Making costumes for productions
- Maintaining the school's gardens
Volunteers in school are all checked by the Government’s Disclosure and Barring Service in line with child protection guidelines.
As volunteers in the classroom can have a significant impact on children's attainment and progress - both positive and negative - it is important that they have good standards of English and Mathematics. Consequently, classroom volunteers will be asked to verify that they have at least a GCSE - or equivalent - in English and Maths.
Please note, also, that Parental Volunteers, while warmly welcomed, will not be placed in their child's class.
If you are thinking of volunteering to work alongside our children, you must first discuss the idea with the Headteacher. Please use this form to make initial contact. Thank you.