In Bexley, the local authority makes decisions about admitting children to community schools from Nursery to Year 6. For the full procedure and to apply for a place at Foster's, please visit the London Borough of Bexley Admissions website here. Bexley have also published a booklet titled 'Born Ready, School Ready, Bexley Ready' which provides practical advice for parents and carers of children aged 0 - 5. This booklet can be found below.
For Autumn 2023, Foster’s Nursery plan to be offering a 15 hour provision of either five morning or five afternoon sessions starting in the September for all children, with 26 children in each session.
The morning session is from 8.45am-11.45am and the afternoon session from 12.25pm-3.25pm.
There will also be the option of four and half full days to make use of the 30 hour funded child care option if families qualify.
Following your application to the local authority for a place, requests for your preferred AM / PM or full day session should be made directly to Foster’s school via email. Requests will be dealt with in order of receipt - please contact the school if you need further details.
Children born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020 will be due to start in Nursery in September 2023.
- you can apply online from Monday 16 January 2023 using the following link: https://www.eadmissions.org.uk/
- the closing date is Wednesday 6 April 2023
- offers of places to on-time applicants will be made on Monday 15 May 2023
Information regarding the schools available in Bexley together with full details on the application process will be made available to you before the application window opens.
The school will offer school visits for interested parents/carers on the following dates:
Tuesday 24th January 3.30-4.30pm
Saturday 4th February 10-11am
Wednesday 22nd March 3.30-4.30pm
Friday 24th March 2-3pm
Please contact the school if you wish to book a place on one of the above visits.
Foster's will admit 60 children in total, between the two Reception classes, each September. If your child is born between 1st September 2018 and 31st August 2019, you can apply online for a reception place. Applications open on 1st September 2022 with all applications submitted by 15th January 2023 at the latest. You can apply visiting: http://www.eadmissions.org.uk
All information for parents applying for a Reception place at Fosters can be found by clicking here or on the Bexley Schools Admission website, or in the brochure attached below.
Please note that parents/carers applying for a place on behalf of a Looked After Child or Post LAC application should read the updated information here.
Admission criteria to Nursey and Reception
If there are more applications than places available, the London Borough of Bexley will use its admission criteria to decide which applicants should be offered a place. For accurate information on this, please click here. A summary of priorities includes:
1. Priority 1 is given to children in public care (looked after children) and children previously looked after immediately before being adopted or subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
2. This is given to children with a medical condition such that it is essential, on medical grounds, for the child to attend the preferred school.
3. This is given to children with a brother or sister who will be attending the school of parental preference at the time the child is due for admission to that school.
4. This is given where either the disability or medical condition of a parent or sibling or exceptional social or domestic circumstances would result in significant hardship if the child did not attend the school nearest to home, nearest to the place of work of the parent not suffering the condition, or convenient to the family’s childminder.
5. This gives priority to pupils living nearest to the school based on the distance from the home address to the nearest school entrance measured as a straight line in accordance with the London Borough of Bexley’s policy on the measurement of home to school distance.
In–Year School Admissions (all year groups)
Foster's is a popular, over-subscribed school. However, places do sometimes become available during the year, when families move away or change schools. Parents/carers seeking an in year admission should do so directly to the Local Authority. You can also add your child's name to our waiting list by contacting Bexley In Year School Admissions and we will make contact and invite parents and children into school for a visit once a place becomes available.
Applying for Secondary School Places
All information for parents of children in Year 6 can be found on the Bexley Schools Admission website or in the brochure attached below. The school will also inform parents of key dates, school visits etc via email.