Sports Premium 2018/19
Evidencing the impact of Sports Premium 2018/19
What is a ‘Sports Premium’?
The government allocate a certain amount of money each year to schools in order to aid the development of sport and PE throughout the country.
How is the money allocated?
The primary PE and sport premium 2018 to 2019 (“the premium”) will be paid by the Secretary of State for Education (“Secretary of State”) to the local authority (“authority”). The authority will then distribute the premium to maintained schools in its area as stated in Section 14 of the Education Act 2002
What is the money going to be spent on?
For the academic year of 2017/18, Fosters primary school have received a funding of £19,560 to support the development of sport throughout the school.
The premium will be spent on making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
Sports funding through sports premium:
Our Focus for 2018/19
- Embed a cross curricular approach to PE
- Introduce and 'Active Maths' programme
- Develop our curriculum with a focus on Orienteering
- Hire qualified coaches to lead PE lessons and train teachers
- Support and involve the least active children by running a Change4Life club
- Children to have the opportunity to compete in a range of level 1 and level 2 sporting activities
- CPD courses to improve staff confidence and teaching of high quality P.E lessons throughout the school.
- CPD courses for PE coordinator to develop knowledge of how to be a successful subject leader
- PE specialist to come in to school and train 10 children to be sports leaders and run lunchtime clubs.
- Improve the delivery of gymnastics lessons through CPD courses and introduction of a new PE scheme.
- To ensure that the disadvantaged children are provided with opportunities to be active