Welcome to Foster’s Nursery School.
Application for Nursery places in September 2022 will open in January 2022.
For Autumn 2022 Foster’s Nursery plan to be offering a 15 hour provision of either five morning or five afternoon sessions starting in the September for all children, with 26 children in each session.
The morning session is from 8.45-11.45am and the afternoon session from 12.25-3.25pm.
All children will be admitted for half-day sessions in September 2022 and then the full time (30 hours) will be offered from January 2023 (once the children are settled and subject to spaces being available).
Following your application to the local authority for a place, requests for your preferred AM or PM session (and the request to extend to full days from January) should be made directly to Foster’s school via email. Requests will be dealt with in order of receipt - please contact the school if you need further details.
At Foster’s Nursery we offer a well-resourced environment with both indoor and outdoor play areas plus a weekly Forest School session with a qualified Forest school leader, a high ratio of highly qualified staff to children and strong parent - school relationships.
We are very proud of our Foundation Stage and here are some of the comments people have made about us.
During a recent visit from Bexley’s Moderation Manager she stated:
- ‘Foster’s Early Years is a vibrant and encouraging environment where children are happy and work collaboratively together. Excellent concentration and motivation skills were observed.
- The children’s Learning Journals are outstanding and they show excellent progress across all areas of learning.’
Another local authority moderator commented:
- ‘The teaching in the Reception class was probably the best she had ever observed.’
Our latest Ofsted inspection in November 2017 judged our school to be GOOD.
The inspector stated:
- ‘a rich curriculum supports pupils’ achievement of core skills, the school’s cross curricular approach is first-rate.’
- ‘Leaders and staff demonstrate a strong moral purpose for pupils’ well-being, have high expectations of pupils and excellent working relationships’
- ‘ Pupils behaviour is exemplary’
- ‘Parents are complimentary about the school’s caring ethos and supportive staff.’
We hope this information is helpful.
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to ask.
Mrs J Rose
Assistant Head Teacher
(with responsibility for Foundation Stage)