About the Nursery
Welcome to Foster’s Nursery School.
Foster’s Nursery currently offers a 15 hour provision of either five morning or five afternoon sessions starting in the September for all children, with 26 children in each session.
The morning session is from 8.45-11.45am and the afternoon session from 12.25-3.25pm.
At Foster’s Nursery we offer a well-resourced environment with both indoor and outdoor play areas plus a weekly Forest School session with a qualified Forest school leader, a high ratio of highly qualified staff to children and strong parent - school relationships.
We are very proud of our Foundation Stage and here are some of the comments people have made about us
During a recent visit from Bexley’s Moderation Manager she stated
- ‘Foster’s Early Years is a vibrant and encouraging environment where children are happy and work collaboratively together. Excellent concentration and motivation skills were observed.
- The children’s Learning Journals are outstanding and they show excellent progress across all areas of learning.’
Another local authority moderator commented
- ‘The teaching in the Reception class was probably the best she had ever observed.’
Our latest Ofsted inspection in November 2017 judged our school to be GOOD.
The inspector stated
- ‘a rich curriculum supports pupils’ achievement of core skills, the school’s cross curricular approach is first-rate.’
- ‘Leaders and staff demonstrate a strong moral purpose for pupils’ well-being, have high expectations of pupils and excellent working relationships’
- ‘ Pupils behaviour is exemplary’
- ‘Parents are complimentary about the school’s caring ethos and supportive staff.’
We hope this information is helpful.
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to ask.
Mrs J Rose
Assistant Head Teacher
(with responsibility for Foundation Stage)